High on the hill in Fairfield, this beautifully maintained post-war home has privacy, sweeping leafy vistas, and dual decks for relaxing or for outdoor entertaining, to enjoy the very best of the Brisbane weather all year round. With a fresh coat of paint, and newly polished floorboards throughout, you can move straight in and enjoy everything this home and location has to offer.
The floorplan has been adapted over time to suit a growing family with the original three bedrooms at the back of the property, and an additional over-sized room added in more recent years as a teenager’s retreat. An open plan and functional kitchen has had a revamp to include wooden benchtops and white cabinetry with gas cooktop and loads of storage. There is a neat and tidy bathroom upstairs, as well as a modern bathroom downstairs which has been used for guests and pool parties over the years.
All through the property are the original wooden casement windows, moulded cornices, hardwood floors and chamferboards on the outside, all classic features from the 1960’s when this property was first built.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE:
• Freshly polished floorboards and a fresh coat of paint throughout
• Air-conditioning in the main, open plan living, kitchen, dining area
• Master bedroom features air-conditioning, ceiling fan, built-ins and access to the back deck
• Oversized back deck made from reclaimed hardwood, fits multiple dining and lounge options with a staircase directly down to the pool area and under house
• Large front deck perfect for enjoying all year round
• Second bedroom with air-conditioner and ceiling fan
• Brand new carpet in the fourth bedroom/teenager’s retreat
• Wooden casement windows, ornate cornices and other 60’s features
• Modern kitchen with updated benchtops, gas cooktop, large pantry and lots of storage
• Impeccably maintained main bathroom with shower over bath
• Second, modern bathroom with shower, second toilet and vanity downstairs, has been fantastic for guests at pool parties
• Built-in pool with its own spacious deck
• Stairs from the kitchen take you directly to the second bathroom and laundry area
• Under the home is storage galore with the potential to build in, or simply use the space as a workshop or undercover area
• Solarhart hot water system
• Heavy insulation was installed when the roof was replaced in 2014 which means you save on heating and cooling
• Fully fenced yard, perfect for kids and pets!
• Post-war home on 607sqm flood-free land
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
Within a five-minute walk to Fairfield Gardens Shopping Centre, Fairfield Train Station and bus interchange, you can also bike straight over the Green Bridge to the University of Queensland within 7 minutes. Close by and in catchment for Yeronga State School and Yeronga State High School as well as prestigious private schools and lots of day-care options to choose from.
Within 5km to the CBD, this is the perfect position to live in the inner-city ring, and yet enjoy numerous parks, fields, skate parks, children’s play equipment and even a scenic walk along the Brisbane Corso and Esplanade. Easy access to QLD Tennis Centre, The Gabba and many other Brisbane sporting landmarks, perfect for the 2032 Olympics or purely for your enjoyment of sports events.
Offering the best of the inner-city at your door, Medical workers will also appreciate the proximity to the Queensland Children’s, Mater and Princess Alexandra hospitals.
This property did not flood in any of the past Brisbane flood events.
DISCLAIMER: Every precaution has been taken to establish accuracy of the above information but does not constitute any representation by the vendor or agent.