This functional wartime cottage has been lovingly cared for over the decades by only two families who have enjoyed the quiet, local area, and have added floorspace and modern functionality to the sturdy 1940’s structure. With a giant, sunken lounge being the focal point as well as being a space for family to congregate, there is a lot to love about this three-bedroom home on a large 637sqm block.
Enter via the enclosed sunroom which is perfect for your home office, or as a peaceful spot for your morning coffee. One of the queen-size bedrooms is accessible from the sunroom, and a second door leads you directly into the heart of the home, the family dining room, which then heads off to the other areas of the home. Two more bedrooms with built-ins are at the rear of the property along with the family bathroom complete with shower over bath.
A large separate laundry houses huge amounts of storage and has direct access to the backyard and clothesline via the entertaining patio which is perfect for evening drinks with friends, or family dinners. The single garage and garden shed give you lots of storage for your tools and outdoor hobbies, and your pets and kids will love the large, fully fenced yard with lush green lawn and privacy from mature hedges.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE:
• Three bedrooms, all with ceiling fans
• Family bathroom and separate toilet
• Functional lino and cork flooring covers beautiful hardwood timbers, ready for you to reveal!
• Large sliding windows throughout to bring light into every room
• Giant sunken lounge with room for the whole family (and space for a Grand Piano!)
• Original 1960’s kitchen in good condition
• Separate dining room links to kitchen
• Internal laundry with loads of storage
• Back entertaining patio area
• Fully fenced yard
• Garage and tool shed with additional off-street parking spaces
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
Moorooka is a suburb with its own unique soul and vibrancy which has grown in popularity over the last decade with young families and professionals flocking to the location only 9km from the CBD. Walking distance to Moorooka State School, St Brendan’s Catholic School and many private school options in the local area, there are large retailers and smaller shops, public transport, parks and bikeways as well as a thriving café culture at your fingertips.